In today’s fast-paced world, people are opting to switch jobs more than ever before. This is especially true of millennials. In fact, six in 10 millennials are open to leaving one job for another one at any given time, leading them to be called the “Job Hopping Generation.”
Regardless of generation, 2.7 million workers voluntarily left their jobs at the end of June 2015, a 25% increase from 2013.
When it comes to leaving a job, there are any number of reasons people do so, including:
- Bad Fit: While a job might seem like a great opportunity at the outset, sometimes it just doesn’t work. This claim is backed by a survey done by Robert Half, which showed that more than a third of 1,400 executives felt that poor skills match is the top reason for a failed hire. The second most common reason for a failed hire, the survey found, was unclear performance objectives (30%).
- No recognition: Employee recognition programs, whether you’re talking about Employee of the Month programs or sales incentives, have been proven to work. In fact, 86% of companies with some kind of employee recognition program have cited an increase in employee happiness.
With so many workers leaving their jobs in record numbers, many companies are left with vacancies to fill. The average tenure at a company for workers between the ages of 25-34 has been found to be just 3.2 years and the average is 4.6 years for all workers.
With so many job openings to fill, many companies would do well to hire an HR executive search firm to cut down on the number of openings. Regardless of what industry you work in, having a full staff available allows for greater productivity and less stress. An HR executive search firm can help companies get workers who are committed to their company and not just using it as a stop-over. Benefits of search consultants include:
- Getting the right people: When a company hires an employee, they do so with the mindset that that person is a good fit and has a lot a lot of offer the company. An HR executive search firm can help make sure that companies are getting the cream of the crop when they’re interviewing for an opening. This ensures that companies aren’t just interviewing random people who responded to a posting.
- Screening candidates: When people respond to a posting, companies can sometimes get hundreds of resumes sent in. An HR executive search firm can cut through the clutter of candidates and help companies idea a select handful who are the best candidates for the position.
- Job hunters: The top HR executive search consultants can actively “recruit” top talent and make companies of who might be available for an open position. This saves companies the hassle of having to post a spot and speeds up the interview and hiring process since the top candidates have already been identified.
- Solutions: Since they are actively screening candidates, HR executive search firm knows everyone applying for a particular job is qualified. Where an HR executive search firm can help is by asking questions to figure out how to go about screening. What is a company looking for in a new hire? What goals does the company have? What skills is a company looking for in a new hire?
- Offering perspective: When companies have a job opening, the obvious goal is to find the right candidate to fill a position. But it’s about more than sifting through resumes. If companies aren’t sure how to conduct a search or are too busy, an HR executive search firm can take things over and help companies find the people they need. As the world changes, companies are always look to push boundaries and want employees who can do the same; HR executive search firms can help find those people.
Regardless of the industry or job, companies conducting job searches want to make sure they’re finding the right people. Fortunately, an HR executive search firm can help companies cut through the clutter and find the perfect candidate who’s excited to work there and will help the company grow.