A Closer Look At The Problem Of Employee Retention Here In The United States – And How It Can Be Rectified

For many a human resources recruiter here in the United States, there is no doubting the fact that employee retention rates are quite low all throughout the country. From the human resources recruiter to the human resources consultant to even someone who works at an outplacement consulting firm, employee retention rates have become a matter of concern in many a different industry. And the data that has been gathered on the subject more than backs up the worries of the typical human resources recruiter.

After all, it is not for no reason that millennials in the workforce have been nicknamed the job hopping generation. This has come about from research that found that up to 60% of all millennial workers – a good deal more than half of them – would be more than willing to leave their current position in order to take a better job. And up to two and a half million people – more, in fact – had left their jobs by the June of 2015, a more than full quarter jump from the previous year. And in the years that have followed since, this number has only continued to increase.

There are a number of reasons, as the average human resources recruiter will speculate, that this is the case. For one thing, far too many employees do not feel adequately encouraged in their place of work. After all, a scant 20% or so, a mere one fifth, say that they feel their superiors and bosses encourage them to do the best work possible. Many others, those who fall into the other 80%, find that they are either unmotivated or even confused about the expectations that have been set out for them. This can make it difficult to thrive and grow and excel in just about any given workplace.

Fortunately, there are a number of ways to combat this problem. For one, simply putting employee recognition programs into place can be quite hugely beneficial indeed. As a matter of fact, more than 85% of all companies that have utilized such programs have noted a positive impact in overall employee happiness. And when employees are happier in the workplace, they are more likely to be productive – and even to produce an overall better quality of work.

Other changes can also be hugely beneficial in changing the employee retention of workplace all throughout the country. For instance, creating diverse workplaces has been found to have a largely positive impact, both in relation to gender diversity and ethnic diversity alike. And the research that has been conducted on the subject shows that this is, without any shadow of a doubt, very much the case.

After all, gender diverse workplaces outperform other workplaces that are less gender diverse – often by a considerable amount, too, as much as 15%. And ethnic diversity has been found to have even more of an impact. If a workplace is ethnically diverse, they are actually likely to outperform peers by even more – by as much as 35%. And when workplaces incorporate ethnic diversity and gender diversity both, the results can be truly tremendous. Allowing these different peoples to collaborate and give their different perspectives can be quite hugely important for the success of just about any workplace that can be found here in the United States.

The average human resources recruiter can be instrumental in improving employee retention rates as well. This is due to the fact that a human resources recruiter can help to recommend candidates for just about any position in any company of considerable size. For many companies, having an extensive enough screening process will be key, weeding out candidates that might have at first seemed promising, but would have also been not a good fit for the job at the end of the day. Taking the time to find that right fit might seem time consuming while in the midst of the process of hiring for any given position – but it is also something that will more than pay off at the end of the day.

About: Technology

Follow by Email