The hotel industry is a big one. There are many ways that hotels are working to make the experience better for their customers. Keeping customers happy makes good business sense. When customers are “totally satisfied” gives 2.6 times as much profit to a hotel than someone who is only “somewhat satisfied.” This is according to data from InfoQuest.The opposite is true for unhappy customers. In 2011, Harris Interactive/RightNow found that 86% of customers who stop going to a business do so because they had a bad experience. Moreover, when companies are able to increase their customer base by 5% because of improvements in brand loyalty are able to increase their profits by anywhere between 25 and 100% for each customer. For many hotels, using a hotel property management system (PMS) is one way hotels improve their customer satisfaction. More and more businesses are turning to the cloud for PMS software for hotels.
The Benefits to Using Cloud Based PMS Software for Hotels:
- It is very easy to get up and running. Because this kind of hotel management system software is run off of the cloud, there is no need for businesses to install problematic software packages. Having the hotel property management system be based in the cloud also means that no one needs to focus on maintaining the software. There are no updates that need to be managed or conflicts with ofter software packages that need to be dealt with. Cloud based PMS software applications are seamless in how they function and the updates are taken care of without you having to worry about it.
- These hotel management solutions are very cosy effective. There are a lot of options when it comes to picking a good PMS software for hotels package. Going with a cloud based system is a lot less expensive than some that are installed on your local network. There are some that can cost as up to several thousands to set up and then maintain properly. You may be able to work with hospitality software companies to get a discount on the software package depending on what you are looking for and how big your hotel is.
- Allow customers to make their reservations on the web. This is the way more and more people who are traveling for vacation make their hotel reservations. This is also the way many companies manage hotel reservations when they are sending staff members on company travel. By using a cloud based PMS software for hotels system, you can fully integrate your web bookings with your room inventory system. In real time, as traveler book rooms, the cloud based PMS software for hotels will update your system for inventory. At least 20% of all hotel bookings are made on mobile devices. Using a cloud based PMS system can make it possible to make that work better for your reservations.
- Cloud based systems will back up your data automatically. When you use a cloud based system, you get more peace of mind by knowing knowing that all of your data from reservations will be stored in a secure place. The cloud based services have internet connections that have safeguards and redundancies built in, include monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week, they also have backups that are powered by diesel. These systems can help you keep your data safe from physical damage, malware and theft.
- You can manage your hotel from anywhere. When you use a cloud based PMS software for hotels, you can access your system from anywhere. This means you can keep track of your system from anywhere where there is an internet connection. You can use your phone, a tablet or your home computer to check housekeeping reports and information, check in data and new bookings. No matter where you go, you will always be able to check on your hotel business.
- These systems allow you to provide better customer service. By having everything integrated and streamlined, you can get customers what they want, when they want it. That will keep them coming back and make them recommend your business to others.
Cloud based PMS systems can improve your bottom line and grow your business.