Being a salesperson is not an easy career and I admire anyone who does a good job. Sales always seems to start off slow but with time and practice and these sales and marketing tips, you should see an increase in profit in no time. It takes a strong person to be able to stick it out in sales and if you think you’ve got what it takes then you’ve come to the right place. Below are just a few marketing tips to increase sales.
- Understand Your Goals Knowing exactly what it is your trying to achieve is the first step in these marketing tips to increase sales. There are different types of marketing services so clarify what it is exactly that you are selling and doing and why.
- Know Your Product Before you even open your mouth to try and convince someone to buy your product, you must believe in it. You must either already own the product or want it. You need to be able to answer every question at any moment and be 100% knowledgeable about it.
- Don’t Forget the Building Blocks Getting back to the basics is never a bad idea. Once in awhile you should take a course in marketing tips for small business models or something of that sort to keep your feet on the ground. Remember where you came from and what the foundation of your selling career is.
- Listen to the Customer It’s a huge misconception to think that selling is about educating. While that is part of it, if that’s all you do then you have missed the point entirely. If you do not listen, you will never find out what exactly your client needs and will lose the sale. For example, if you are trying to sell onsite computer services but what the client really wants is business IT consulting, you will only hear ‘IT’ or ‘computer’ and think you are on the same page. The client may politely hear you out, but you will probably not be able to make that sale.
- Maintain Excellent Customer Service Be friendly, be attentive, be charming. This goes along with listening. A huge part of customer service is listening but when you do talk, use Layman’s terms and don’t be condescending if your potential customer does not understand your product at first. Keep in mind that every potential customer is a potential meal for your family and that will help you be friendly to everyone you meet!
- Sell With a Purpose Be passionate about your product. As mentioned already, know your product but more than that, love it. Love what you do. Be enthusiastic and excited and it will excite your potential customers. No one will buy a product from someone who is selling with no purpose.
- Upsell Effectively Make the upsells work for you. If a client is buying a computer, upsell the operating system or virus protection software. One thing to remember is don’t try and sell random things. It works very rarely. If a client is buying a laptop, upsell the case or an extra power cord or software; not FM radio for his car.
- Take Responsibility If you make a mistake, own it. You’ll never get anywhere by pointing the finger. Then, learn from your mistakes.
Follow these eight marketing tips to increase sales and you may just very well be opting to add that expensive guacamole to your burrito without blinking an eye.